top of page

The best parenting arrangement after will depend on the individual needs of the children.


It is important to ensure that both parents remain involved in the children’s lives and that the children maintain a connection with both parents. This should be accomplished through an agreement with the help of a professional trained to look at all of the factors and provide support to parents as it is a challenging time.


It is also important to consider whether or not the parents can communicate effectively and work together to make decisions about the children’s upbringing. It is also important to make sure that the children’s emotional and physical needs are being met.


Ultimately, the best parenting arrangement will be determined by the individual needs of the children and the ability of the parents to cooperate.

Provide your children with resources, such as counseling, to help them cope with the transition.


Make sure you remain involved in your children’s lives and maintain open communication. Spend quality time with your children and remind them that they are loved.


Create a parenting plan with your ex-spouse that puts the children first. Try to minimize conflict between you and your ex-spouse around your children.  Work with your children to create a new family structure.


What should you say to your children if your Ex partner won’t coparent and is trying to alienate them from you?

“It is normal to feel hurt or confused when your parents don't get along. It is important to remember that it is not your fault and that you are loved by both of us. It is not okay for anyone to try and make you choose between us. We both love you very much and will always be here for you.”


What to do if the other parent is refusing to coparent or communicate with you?

the first step is to attempt to resolve the issue amicably. Try to reach out to them in a respectful manner and see if you can resolve the issue together. If they do not respond or are unwilling to cooperate, then you may need to take legal action. If the other parent has alienated the children from you, it is important to document any attempts you make to contact them or the children. This may include emails, letters, phone calls, or other forms of communication. You should also keep records of any negative statements or actions made by the other parent that could be considered alienation. This evidence can be used to support your claim if you decide to pursue a court order.

bottom of page